SUMMIT POINTE GIVES BACK
The staff and tenants at Summit Pointe are dedicated to giving back to the community throughout the year. We volunteer our time and resources to a variety of good causes and encourage families of tenants to join us. Our recent charitable efforts include:
- Silent auction for Alzheimer’s Memory Walk fundraising
- Adopt a family at Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Blood drive
- Donating to food banks
- Support the troops by sending letters and supplies
- Donation and collection of school supplies for children
- Lunch and Learns for the community hosted by Hills Bank
There are many other ways that Summit Pointe contributes, contact us to find out more about our volunteering efforts.
VOLUNTEER WITH US
Whether you’re 13 or 93 years old, there are many ways you can share your time and talents with tenants of Summit Pointe. Your involvement will help tenants maintain connections with the neighboring community and broaden inter-generational understanding. Also, you’ll have the opportunity to benefit from the wisdom of Summit Pointe’s tenants as well as the satisfaction of knowing that you have contributed to fulfilling their wants, needs and dreams. There are many opportunities for you to participate.
For more information or to volunteer with us, please call (319) 373-4242, fill out the form below or download the volunteer application.
Here are just a few volunteer opportunities that are available:
- Activities Assistant — help bring fun by assisting with activities including games, cooking, happy hour, bingo, and more
- Arts and Crafts — inspire, motivate, and assist with ongoing projects
- Pet Visits — put a smile on tenants’ faces when you bring your furry friend for a visit
- Music — share your musical talents
- Tenant Companion — make a new friend in a Summit Pointe tenant
- Church Escort — escort tenants to the area worship services
- Garden and Grounds – for those who love pulling weeds or working outside
“A very welcoming, caring staff who work hard to make sure we are healthy and happy. The community is just the right size to allow opportunity to interact with the other community members. We have already made many new friends. The many activities offer opportunity to continue things one likes or learn something new. We are pleased to call Summit Pointe our home now.”
“While driving home from work, I saw the Summit Pointe Hot Air Balloon! This is what warms my heart after a crazy, busy week and knowing mom is doing great there! Thank you.”
“I took the first step of walking into Summit Pointe and meeting the friendly staff. The atmosphere made me feel very welcome. It is a new beginning of life.”